Pertronix Digital Rev Limiter
The unit is compatible with 12 volt negative ground ignition systems only, and is not compatible with capacitive discharge (CD Box) ignition systems.
- Digital microcontroller based unit provides greater accuracy (+/-0.01%) over analog systems.
- Easy to use rotary switches permit settings with a resolution of 100 RPMs.
- Random spark stealing method.
- Tachometer output with TTL interface and near 50% duty cycle make our limiters compatible with most modern tachometers.
- Reverse voltage protection.
- Easy four wire hookup.
- Compact size: 6.35cm x 7.62cm x 3.55cm
- Light weight: 340 grams
- Limited One Year Warranty.
- Alert: Not for use with CD Ignition Systems
The Pertronix Digital Rev Limiter is designed for use with any 4, 6 or 8 cylinder engine using points, OEM electronic (GM HEI, Ford, Chrysler) or aftermarket inductive type ignition systems including our popular Ignitor® and Ignitor® II points replacement systems.
This digitally controlled, microcontroller based unit provides much greater accuracy (+/- 0.01%) than analog systems. Digital rotary switches permit easy setting and a resolution of 100 RPMs for more accurate rev control, eliminating the need for chips and jumpers.
Random spark stealing starts within one spark at the moment when the rev limit is exceeded, reducing plug fouling common with repetitive stealing type limiters.
Pertronix Digital Rev Limiters come with two analog filters and one digital filter to prevent coil (-ve) voltage noise. A tachometer output with TTL interface and near 50% duty cycle make our limiter compatible with modern tachometers. With reverse voltage protection, our limiter works well over a wide voltage range (6 to 18 volts).
Installation is a snap with a four wire hookup
and easy to understand instructions.
The rev limiter's small size permits installation
in even the most crowded engine compartment.
The cost of the Pertronix Digital Rev Limiter is a small price to pay for insurance against major damage to your expensive performance (or even run-about) engine.